Enjoy a bus tour through beautiful countryside from Zurich to Lucerne for a short city tour. Travel up Mt. Pilatus by cable car, descend back down to Alpnachstad via funicular, and cruise back over the Lake of the Four Cantons by boat.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- COVID-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 9.5 hours
- Starting time 9:30 AM
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- German, English, Spanish
What customers loved
"Pilatus top and the steepest cogwheel train."
"Cogwheel railroad trip down the mountain"
"Everything was taken care of for us. Plus we had time to explore on our own as well."
- Enjoy a beautiful ride through the countryside along the Lake of the Four Cantons to Lucerne
- Visit Lucerne and take a short tour of the main sights
- Discover the charming old town of Lucerne at your own pace
- Scale Mount Pilatus on several cable cars
- Conquer the summit of the "Dragon Mountain" and enjoy unique views over the Alps and lakes
- Take a daring ride on the breathtaking funicular railway down to Alpnachstadt, the steepest funicular railway in the world*
- Relax afterwards on an idyllic, 1-hour boat ride back to Lucerne
- Fully guided tour by professional multilingual guide
- Transportation in comfortable coach
- Panoramic gondolas and aerial cable car Dragon Ride
- Cogwheel train
- 1-hour boat cruise (summer option)
- Lunch voucher up to 20 CHF (autumn option)
- Food and drink
- Personal expenditure
Customers must book this activity online because the ticket office is closed
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
- Customers must fill out a travel information form
- Customers will get a mandatory temperature check
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Meeting point varies depending on option booked.
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Food and drinks in the vehicle
Know before you go
- In winter, the tour runs under the name "Mount Pilatus – The Mystic Mountain".
- The funicular is in service from May to mid-November, and the boat ride on Lake Lucerne is available from May to October.
- During the winter tour, the itinerary is altered since the cable car routes are inaccessible. The funicular train and boat ride are discontinued in winter. During this time, lunch will be offered as a replacement.
- The gondola and cable car are not available at the beginning of November due to servicing.
- From October 21 to November 8, the ascent and descent will be made by cogwheel train.
- From November 9 to 17, the ascent will be made by cable car and the descent by cogwheel train.