This relaxing cruise is an ideal way to escape the busy shopping streets and step into the Christmas spirit. Your ticket includes a choice of hot drink (tea, coffee or hot chocolate) and a mince or apple pie.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details. Learn more
- Duration 1 hour
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
King's Staith landing, King's Staith, York, YO1 9SN (across from the Queen's Hotel and outside the King's Arms and Lowther public houses) Nearest car parks: • St. George's Field car park (YO10 4AB) • Castle car park (YO1 9RY) From the train station: Turn left out of the station and follow the road under the city walls. Walk straight ahead onto Rougier Street, and turn left at the T-junction onto Bridge Street. Walk across the Ouse Bridge. The landing is down the steps on the right-hand side of the bridge, near the King's Arms pub.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- Please note that the River Ouse in York can occasionally rise to levels that can have an impact on this cruise's daily operations after periods of heavy rainfall in the catchment area upstream
- The local operators will always attempt to sail, so long as it is safe to do so. There can come a point where the smallest boat can no longer fit underneath the bridges
- Depending on the height of the waters, they may not be able to sail at all. In this instance, you will either be eligible for a full refund or your ticket(s) will happily be accepted on another date during your stay if sailing is possible