Explore 12 km of rugged volcanic coastline in Mercury Bay, visiting nearby islands and stunning beaches including Lonely Bay, Cooks Beach, and the spectacular Cathedral Cove. Admire the bay’s towering pinnacles, giant blowholes, and huge sea caves.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 2 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
All tours depart from the Whitianga Wharf, Esplanade - 14 Esplanade, Whitianga 3510, New Zealand - Be sure to arrive 15 minutes prior to departure.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
Know before you go
- Pickup can be arranged from the Ferry Landing Wharf by request
- Make sure you bring refreshments, a warm jacket, camera/binoculars, sunhat and sunscreen
- Be sure to arrive 15 minutes prior to departure
- If you plan on swimming or snorkelling wear your swimwear under your clothing and bring a towel
- To give you maximum time in the water we discourage the use of wetsuits