Housed in the historical Old Patent Office Building, art and history mingle together at two of DC’s most important galleries. This 2.5-hour tour explores the National Portrait Gallery & the American Art Museum where you’ll witness the nation’s history.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 2.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Private or small groups available
Select participants and date
Meeting point may vary depending on the option booked.
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- Please bring valid photo ID
- Semi-private tours require a minimum of 2 participants to run. In the event this is not reached, you will be offered an alternative date or a full refund.
- Please advise when booking if you require a wheelchair accessible tour
- Only handbags or small thin bag packs are allowed through security
- A moderate amount of walking is involved
- Occasional closures without previous warning from the museum management: when this occurs, guests will be provided with an appropriate alternative if the museum opening time is delayed more than 1 hour from the tour starting time. In these cases the supplier is unable to provide refunds or discounts
- Some specific rooms inside the museum are subject to rules requiring quiet or restricted right to speak inside. In these cases your guide will provide the information about the rooms contents before entering the specific rooms where this rule applies. Some collections may vary along the year.