Experience the Sólheimajökull Glacier from a different perspective on a family-friendly hike across the ice. Get magnificent views of the crevasses and glacier mills with a certified glacier guide.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
The meeting point for this tour is at Solheimajokull Parking lot by the big yellow school bus. Please meet your guide at least 15 minutes prior to departure time. Look for the guides and car on arrival. Make sure you plan to allow enough driving time. We advise you to check out the weather and the road conditions before you leave. Please remember it's your responsibility to arrive on time.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- The minimum age to take part is 8 years old
- In order to attach crampons to the hiking shoes, the minimum shoe size of the participant to join the tour is 35 EU, and the largest shoe size is 50 EU