Take a detailed tour of the Vatican Museums and St. Peter’s Basilica, perfect for a history buff or art lover. Enjoy an in-depth tour which focuses on both the highlights and lesser known art pieces.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- COVID-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Enter the Vatican 1-hour before the doors open
- Visit All the must-see galleries and off-the-beaten path gems
- Experience Michelangelo's Sistine Chapel
- Entrance fees and Before Hours Access
- Professional and passionate local guide
- Skip-the-ticket-line access
- Small-group tour size
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Gratuities (optional)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food & drinks
- Wheelchair users
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- Customers must keep distance in vehicles
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
In front of Caffé Vaticano – on Viale Vaticano, 100. This is across the street from the Vatican Museum Entrance. Your guide will be there holding a sign that says “The Roman Guy".Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Student card
- Oversize luggage
- Luggage or large bags
- Short skirts
- Sleeveless shirts
- Selfie sticks
- Professional cameras
Know before you go
- All visitors must pass through airport-style security. During high season the wait at security may be up to 30 minutes.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums - knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women.
- The museums are wheelchair accessible, however you will be required to take a special wheelchair friendly itinerary, and therefore not be able to follow this tour. If you have any doubts about your mobility, we strongly recommend a private tour.
- In order to qualify for the Student pricing, you need to be between the age of 18 & 25, and to be in possession of a valid student ID (university card) on the day of the tour.
- The Vatican tends to quiet down in the late afternoon, but there is a chance the museums may still be crowded while you are inside.