10. Skjervoy: Guided Whale Watching RIB Boat Tour With Lunch
Join our premium whale watching RIB tour, which is one the most popular type of nature experiences on the planet. In a small personal group up to 12 guests will we show you why Troms county is very likely one of the best places in the world to see whales. Their swimming, hunting and playing in our fjord can be a memory for life.
Located next to a sea "boiling" with whales, Tromso City offers you in winter the opportunity to see these enormous animals. Norway is chosen by Humpback Whales and Killer Whales for the vast supply of fish and clean water. Do you remember Keiko from Free Willy? He chose Norwegian fjords the last years he lived.
Whale watching should be experienced in The Capital of the Arctic in The Kingdom of Norway – in breathtaking fjord landscapes second to none. Scientists have never seen such high whale activity in the fjords as the recent years. Arctic Explorers offers you an exclusive experience in a small group and with the highest quality equipment. We want to give you only the best!
HALL OF FAME
97 % happy guests and more than 1800 excellent reviews! We are also included in the TripAdvisor Hall of Fame - having been awarded Certificate of Excellence 7 years in a row.
WHY CHOOSE WHALE RIB TOUR
- 360 degrees view, and all see well from the seat in all directions, instead of 5th row bad view in a bigger boat
- Small boats can turn engines off. Then whales often comes 2 m away to check us out. A big boat can not do that
- 2-3 times quicker than a big boat, so less time to search for whales, and more time to be around them
- Whale RIB tours have 3 hours in whale area, while big boats doing long drives from Tromso have around 1 h
- RIB boats are lower than big boats, so you get closer to the ocean and the whales
- More connected to nature, since outdoors all the time. Means you do not miss any of the precious moments
- RIB boats are located where the whales are, which gives 3 times more whale area time compared to big boats
- More personal because only 12 guests pr boat
Only 12 seats on this tour pr day, so you should book early. It is often sold out months ahead, especially weekends. We can take bigger groups omn demand.
We include most of what you need on a Whale Watching Trip. You can save a lot of money since you do not need to buy expensive winter clothes and more you maybe don't even need back home.
After spending 30 years exploring this amazing county by car, skis, sea kayak, cycling, and walking, we know where and how to place you in the middle of the greatest show on earth. We bring you to the right spot at the right time.
We offer ecologically sustainable and responsible tours. Traveling in small groups is an essential part of the ecotourism concept, as small groups have lesser impact on nature and will not disturb the wildlife unnecessarily.