Embark on a manageable challenge and take a guided walk to the top of Mt Ruapehu. Enjoy the largest of the three volcanoes in Tongariro. Have lunch at the top where you can gaze down into the geothermal waters of the crater lake.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 8 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Lunch on top of the highest volcano in the North Island of New Zealand
- Gaze down into the geothermal waters of the crater lake
- Admire the color changes of the lake from an amazing deep green to pale blue to solid dark grey
- Marvel at the 8 small glaciers on its high flanks of Mt Ruapehu
- Professional and qualified guide/s.
- All the mountain equipment required such as crampons and ice axes during winter
- Footwear and clothing to supplement up to a NZD40 free allowance
- Lunch (vegetarian available on request at time of booking)
- Live tour commentary provided in English.
- Transport between the Adrift Tongariro base (53 Carroll St, National Park Village) and the activity.
- Beverages, bottled water, or snacks
- Transport between accommodation and Adrift Tongariro base
- Payment for the chairlift (around NZD 35 per person)
- Children under 12 years
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Meet at 53 Carroll Street, National Park 3948, New Zealand Tour starts and finishes at the Adrift Tongariro Base 53 Carroll St, National Park Village.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- Please note this is not a stable track