Catch a morning train from Thessaloniki railway station and enjoy the ride which passes beneath mythical Mt Olympus, home to the 12 ancient olympian gods, through the homeland of legendary warrior Achileus and ending in lovely Meteora.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 14 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Small group
- Limited to 15 participants
Select participants and date
Kalambaka's Train Station. At the main entrance.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Short skirts
- Sleeveless shirts
Know before you go
- You will travel by train on your own and will meet the group at Kalabaka train station
- Due to the monasteries' strict dress code, men must wear trousers and t-shirt or shirt with sleeves and women must wear a long skirt
- Please wear comfortable shoes for walking on uneven surfaces; for some monasteries walking up stairs is needed
- Please bring cash for the entry fees for each monastery (3€ per person) and the Byzantine church (2€ per person)
- The tour is conducted in a small group of maximum 15 persons. Babies up to 3 years old join for free if they can share the seat with their parent
- This tour is semi-independent, so your tour leader will provide you with all necessary information about monasteries during the drive, but will not accompany you into the sites
- As this tour lasts for 13 hours please be prepared and take some snacks with you
- Credit cards are not accepted for paying the monastery entrance fees