A colony of thieves and a currency of rum — Sydney’s colonial birthplace in The Rocks certainly makes for a good story. This walking history tour will retrace the lives of the prisoners, soldiers, and sailors who once washed ashore on this ancient land.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 2.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Meet your guide in front of the Customs House building, on the right hand side if facing building (outside).Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Luggage or large bags
- Pets (assistance dogs allowed)
- Baby strollers
Know before you go
- This tour is most suitable for persons older than 16 years of age, as it involves adult themes and concepts
- Due to the layout of The Rocks, some stairs are unavoidable at certain points along the way
- Anyone needing special assistance must make contact with the local tour operator in advance
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are advised that this tour may include the names and images of people who are now deceased
- Wearing comfortable walking shoes and bringing a bottle of water is encouraged
- In the case of wet or wild weather, the tour will continue. You are kindly asked to be prepared with an umbrella or raincoat to ensure you can handle all weather conditions