No trip to Sydney is complete without a visit to its most famous building. And the best things to do when you visit the Sydney Opera House is to come inside and see an opera performance.
About this ticket
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today. Learn more
- Duration 147 minutes
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Wheelchair accessible
Select participants and date
Tickets will be available at the Sydney Opera House Box Office one hour before the performance, under the same name as your GetYourGuide Booking. Performance is in the Joan Sutherland Theatre. Getting there: Many buses, trains and all ferries stop at Circular Quay. It is then a 10-minute walk to the Sydney Opera House. You can plan your trip with Transport NSW. Taxis can drop you off near the roundabout at the end of Macquarie Street.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Driver's license
- Face mask or protective covering
Know before you go
- Please bring and present a photo ID bearing the name used for booking to collect your tickets at the box office. Printing or presenting this voucher will not be required.
- While it is fun to dress up for the opera, there is no mandatory dress code. An extra layer is advised because it can get cold in the theatre.
- Guests are recommended to arrive early to avoid rushing. Ushers will close the doors at showtime and may not allow latecomers in until there is a suitable pause in the performance.