Enjoy a scenic ride from Sorrento to the ancient ruins of Pompeii on a half-day shared or private tour of this fascinating archaeological site. See the main features of the ancient city and learn about the arena, the baths, and the shopfronts.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 4 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the line through a separate entrance
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- English, Italian, French, Spanish, German
- Pickup optional
- The driver will meet you at the lobby of the hotel or at the established meeting point. Please be waiting outside the hotel at least 5 mintues before the departure. Please note that some hotels in Sorrento are not reachable from vehicles, you can choose an established meeting point after completing the booking process. Feel free to contact us to double check if at your accommodation is available the pick up and drop off service.
- Private or small groups available
- Travel back in time with the help of an official English-speaking guide
- Admire wonderful frescos, mosaics and remarkably intact wooden furniture
- Learn about the history of the destructive eruption of 79 AD and its consequences on the surrounding areas
- Get the chance to admire one of the oldest Amphitheatres in the world
- Choose between a private or shared tour
- Skip-the-line entry to Pompeii
- Official, licensed English or Italian-speaking guide
- Round trip transportation in an air-conditioned vehicle
- Pickup at meeting points in Sorrento
- Headsets for groups larger than 12
- People with back problems
- People with mobility impairments
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- You must keep social distance while in vehicles
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- You are required to bring and wear a mask
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
The details below may change if you update your current selection:
Meeting point varies depending on option booked.
Know before you go
- You must confirm the pickup time and meeting point with the tour operator prior to travel.
- Note that departure times and locations may vary.
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities or using a wheelchair.
- Changes to the date and time of your tour requested less than 24-hours before departure time are subject to availability
- The program is subject to changes due to weather and causes of force majeure (road closure, public events), in which case it may not be possible to make some stops or visits mentioned in the program