Learn how to position yourself on the board, paddling techniques, proper stance, how to maneuver through waves, balance techniques, surf etiquette, and more with this introductory lesson to surfing!
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 2 - 4 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
Select participants and date
Mondo's Beach, 21 miles south of Santa Barbara Depending on daily weather conditions, your instructor may move the lesson to the most suitable beginner break in the area, so please be on time. Your guide will be set up with boards and a Santa Barbara Adventure Company umbrella on the beach. They will be in a bright blue sun shirt with "Guide" on the back. If you cannot find your guide within a few minutes - PLEASE CALL OUR OFFICE. From the South: Take HWY 101 North past Ventura. Take Exit 72 toward State Beaches. Continue onto CA-1 North. Mondo's Beach will be on your left-hand side. Look for an Adventure Company van and park anywhere in this area. From the North: This spot is approximately 21 miles or 25 minutes south of Santa Barbara. Take HWY 101 south past Carpinteria. Take Exit 78 for Pacific Coast Highway. The beach will be on your right-hand side. Look for an Adventure Company van and park anywhere in this area.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- Children must be at least 7 years old and comfortable swimming in the ocean and ducking under waves
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
- Minimum numbers apply. The surf lessons require a minimum of 4 participants to run. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet the requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.