Discover the rich history of the Vatican City on this guided walking tour. Explore St. Peter’s Square, climb the Basilica's iconic dome and view its innermost section and the Papal Tombs.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 2 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
The meeting point is at Piazza della Città Leonina, near the arches, where the square meets via di Porta Angelica. Go to the corner of the square, on the left-hand side, next to the kiosk. Look for a guide holding a 'Loving Rome' sign.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Weapons or sharp objects
- Luggage or large bags
- Short skirts
- Sleeveless shirts
Know before you go
- All visitors must pass through airport-style security check before entering the Basilica, during high season the waiting time may be up to 30 minutes
- The elevator's Dome only takes you to the first balcony, to climb up to the main Dome you will have to use the stairs (320 steps) which requires and 20 extra minutes
- The roof might not be accessible during bad weather conditions
- The Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and Vatican Necropoli are not part of this tour