Discover the beauty and history of St Peter’s Basilica on a guided morning tour with skip-the-line tickets. Climb up to the top of the dome for panoramic views of Rome.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 45 minutes
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Please meet your guide near the arches, where the square meets via di Porta Angelica. The meeting point is at the corner of the square, on the left-hand side, next to the kiosk. Your guide will be holding a sign with LOVING ROME written on it.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- FFP2 mask
- Weapons or sharp objects
- Luggage or large bags
- Short skirts
- Sleeveless shirts
Know before you go
- The elevator of the Dome only takes you to the first balcony, to climb up to the main Dome you will have to use the stairs (320 steps) which require 20 extra minutes
- The St. Peter's Basilica Dome might not be accessible during bad weather conditions
- You have to pass through a metal detector security check before entering St Peter's Basilica
- The Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and Vatican Necropoli are not part of this tour