Discover the wonders of St. Peter’s Square and Basilica on a guided walking tour. Visit the Dome and soak up panoramic views of Rome, then go underground to admire the historic grottoes.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 105 minutes
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- English, Portuguese, German, French, Russian, Spanish, Chinese, Italian
- Private or small groups available
Select participants and date
Meet your guide at Largo del Colonnato 5, by the first columns of the Colonnade. Look for a yellow label with the Touriks logo on it. The meeting point is outside the Basilica before entering St. Peter's square. Do not go through the metal detectors before meeting the guide.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Weapons or sharp objects
- Baby strollers
- Luggage or large bags
- Sleeveless shirts
Know before you go
- The Dome's terrace might not be accessible during bad weather. In that case, you can ask for a partial refund and visit the other areas, or cancel for a full refund
- Please note that this is not a skip-the-line tour
- Modest clothing is required to enter the Basilica (knees and shoulders should be covered)
- Please be aware that the lines to clear security checks at the entrance are not skippable and may take 15-120 minutes
- For environmental reasons, it is preferable you bring your own headphones and do not print your voucher. The activity provider will provide headphones if you forget yours
- You will be required to pass through metal detectors at the entrance of the square
- The Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, and Vatican Necropolis are not part of this tour
- You can leave any strollers at the luggage deposit at the basilica's entrance