Get special access to a restricted area of the Colosseum and see a partially reconstructed section of the arena floor. Enter the impressive amphitheater via the Gladiator’s Gate, explore the Roman Forum, and more.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- COVID-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the line through express security check
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- English, French, Spanish, German
- Small group available
- Stand on the arena floor of the Colosseum
- Skip the long lines and enter the legendary theater through the gladiator's gate
- See the monumental Arch of Constantine
- Follow in the footsteps of Roman citizens and enter the Roman Forum
- Admission tickets and reservation fees
- Fast-track entrance
- Official live guide
- Guided tour of the Roman Forum and Palatine Hill
- Entrance into restricted areas, like the Arena Floor
- Food and drinks
- Wheelchair users
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
- Customers will get a mandatory temperature check
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Meeting point varies depending on option booked.
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Comfortable clothes
- Luggage or large bags
- Glass objects
- Sprays or Aerosols
Know before you go
- This tour operates in all weather conditions.
- The arena floor is a restricted area, so guests must provide their full name, date of birth, and a valid current ID upon entry, including those aged between 3 and 17 years old.
- Please be advised that the exact reservation times may vary slightly due to decisions made by the Colosseum administration office on or before the scheduled tour date. These last-minute changes are outside of the local partner's control but if the time will vary by 20 minutes either before or after your original tour time then you will be informed of this change by email.
- Entrance to the Palatine Hill and Roman Forum will be with the tour guide only; guests cannot leave the group and enter these areas alone as they will not have an individual ticket. For group reservations, the Colosseum does not provide individual tickets but one group ticket which the guide will use for all three areas.
- Unfortunately, this tour is not wheelchair accessible.