Meet Chef Alma and get ready for an authentic culinary and cultural immersion in Playa del Carmen. Learn how the locals shop, cook, eat and live as you acquire a deeper knowledge of Mexican flavors and daily life in this vibrant neighborhood.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 4.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- English, Spanish
- Small group
- Limited to 6 participants
Select participants and date
Your guide will be waiting for you at the meeting point with a sign saying: "COOKIN' PLAYA". If arriving by taxi, ask the driver to drop you off at the corner of SILVA store on 50 Avenida Norte.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Comfortable clothes
- Sleeveless shirts
Know before you go
- This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility
- Please arrive at the meeting point 10 minutes before check-in
- Have a filling breakfast before leaving your hotel, keep in mind that you must shop for the products you will cook with and you will need to cook everything from scratch; the 1st course will be served around 1 PM
- Bring money in case you want to buy products for yourself
- Please inform the chef about dietary restrictions or food allergies