Go whale and puffin watching in gloriously beautiful Reykjavík. Feel amazed at how many different types of whales you'll see.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 4 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Sail from Reykjavik on a large boat to see the whales
- See the puffins up-close on the little boat Old Skuli
- Rest assured, if there are no whales you get another ticket for free
- Stay warm and cozy with overalls supplied by the crew
- Warm inside seating
- Warm overalls for the whale watching tour
- Binoculars for the puffin tour
- Experienced guide on both tours
- 100% sightings guarantee for the puffin tour
- Free ticket to try again in case nothing is seen on the whale watching tour
- App available in English, German, French, Spanish, and Chinese
- Hotel pick–up (available for purchase)
- Hot drinks and refreshments (available for purchase)
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Know before you go
- Please consider the best time for whale watching in Iceland is during the summer months (from April to September)
- The chances of spotting whales may be lower at other times of the year
- To make your excursion even more pleasurable, be sure to bring warm and comfortable clothing
- Please note that these tours are dependent on correct weather conditions; your captains will make their decision to sail based on many years of experience, always keeping in mind passenger safety and comfort
- Please note that the Express Whale Watching tour is a faster boat, so this option is 2-2.5 hours for whale watching. You spend the same amount of time in the whale watching area.
- The 9:00 AM departure is the Classic Whale Watching followed by the Puffin Express tour.
- The 10:00 AM departure is the Express Whale Watching followed by the Puffin Express.
- The 12:30 PM departure begins with Puffin Express, followed by Express Whale Watching.