Encounter whales, dolphins, porpoises and birds on a 3-hour cruise from Reykjavik and see the wildlife in their natural habitat off the capital’s coast. Experience the drama and poetry of whales, seen on more than 95% of summer tours and 80% in winter.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Vouchers must be exchanged for tickets.
- Duration 3 - 4 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Encounter whales, dolphins and harbor porpoises off the coast of Reykjavik
- Travel with the only environmentally certified whale watching company in Iceland
- Cruise from Faxafloi Bay to look for humpback, orca and minke whales on summer and winter tours
- Keep up-to-date with the online Whale Diary and monitor sightings and conditions in the area
- Help protect and preserve the wildlife and scenery of Iceland's magnificent landscape
- Access to the Whale Watching Center
- Use of warm overalls
- Guidance to enhance your experience
- Wireless internet on board
- Refreshments (available to purchase on board)
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Meeting point varies depending on option booked.
Know before you go
- Once in the harbor you can look around the Whale Watching Centre and watch videos, or just look at the various skeletons, information boards and gifts for sale
- By buying a ticket for this tour you are contributing to the summer research projects, environmentally friendly and responsible tourism and non-governmental organizations for the protection of wildlife
- Please be aware that the pick-up is only arranged from hotels and accommodations in Reykjavik Greater Area.