Experienced riders can test the versatility of the Icelandic horse on this horse riding excursion in Hafnarfjörður. Learn the different gaits of the Icelandic horse and head out on an afternoon riding adventure to explore the Reykjanes preservation area.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- English, Icelandic
- Pickup optional
- From hotels or designated bus stops only in Reykjavik; please wait outside or in your hotel lobby from 11:30 AM. If you are staying in a private flat, the closest pickup point will be communicated to you by email.
- Small group
- Limited to 12 participants
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Sörlaskeið 26, 220 Hafnarfjörður. Please be at the meeting point 30 minutes before the tour departure time.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Weather-appropriate clothing
Know before you go
- Riding gear (riding boots, riding trousers, jackets, hats, gloves, etc.) needs to be washed at 40°C, dry cleaned, or disinfected before being brought in Iceland. Used leather gear may not be brought into the country.
- The tour operator reserves the right to alter routes, itineraries, or timetables without prior notice, should the necessity arise. No liability is accepted for loss or expense due to delays or changes of arrival or departures of flights or other services, injury, sickness, accident, strikes, damage, negligence, weather, wars, or other causes outside the control of the operator. All such losses and expense are the personal liability of the traveler. The estimated duration of tours as indicated by kilometers or timing may change according to road or weather conditions.
- This 3-hour trip is for strong intermediate riders only (for those who have rode approximately 30 times or more in their lifetime). Riders need to be comfortable and in control with all gaits.