Climb aboard the whale watching boat and sail out on the Atlantic in search of the sea giants in their natural environment. Look for whales, dolphins, and harbor porpoises. Afterwards, you’ll visit the mystical Whales of Iceland exhibition.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Wheelchair accessible
Select participants and date
Hlésgata, 101 Reykjavik. Please arrive at the meeting point 30 minutes prior to departure.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Weather-appropriate clothing
Know before you go
- Whale watching is a natural activity governed by the weather. If the trip is canceled due to bad weather, the whale watching part of the ticket is refunded. If no sightings are made on the trip, then you have the option to go back at a time of your choice
- The best season to spot whales is summer; the chances of spotting whales may be lower at other times of year
- If the boat trip is canceled due to bad weather conditions please contact the local partner to reschedule
- If there are no sightings during the trip, the ticket holder can use the booking number to reschedule the tour for another time
- The ticket is valid for another tour with the tour operator in the future
- Please be aware that due to environmental reasons during certain times of the year your trip may be delivered on a shared boat with one of the local partner's associated agencies
- Tours in winter last approximately 3-3.5 hours
- Tours in summer (June 1 to September 15) last 2-3 hours