Experience one of the world’s great natural phenomena on a 4-hour evening bus tour of Iceland. Depart the bright lights of Reykjavik to search for the Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis).
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Reserve now & pay later
- Reserve now & pay later to book your spot without any charges today. Learn more
- Duration 4 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Pickup optional
- Pickup is between 8.30 PM and 9.00 PM if you have booked the tour at 8.30 PM. Pickup is between 9.30 PM and 10.00 PM if you have booked the tour at 9.30 PM. Pickup is included at selected hotels and guesthouses as well as authorized bus stops in central Reykjavik
Select participants and date
Meet at Tour Bus Stop 12, Höfðatorg (on Þórunnartún). The bus will collect you from this location within 30 minutes of the departure time.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Warm clothing
Know before you go
- Seeing the Northern Lights is not guaranteed even though the tour is operated. The Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon and as part of nature, uncontrollable. The local partner does not offer refunds for customers that have joined the tour but instead offers you the chance to reschedule for free on the next tour that is operated. If you are leaving Iceland before the next scheduled tour, the local partner will offer you an open ticket for the next 3 years for when you come back to Iceland.
- Please note that this tour is not suitable for children younger than 8 years.
- The free entrance is only valid on the day you join the tour, from the time it is announced whether the tour is on. The entrance fees to the Aurora Reykjavik exhibition are complementary meaning that if you do not wish to go to the museum, there is no partial refund.
- Remember to dress warmly with multiple layers. You may spend long periods of time in cold winter conditions.