Descend 400 feet (120 meters) into the crater of Iceland’s Thrihnukagigur Volcano and experience a unique phenomenon of nature inside one of the country’s top attractions.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 6 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- English, Icelandic
- Pickup included
- Pick-up at hotels/guesthouses in Reykjavik starts 30 minutes prior to departure. Please be ready at that time in front of the building or at the bus stop assigned to your hotel/guesthouse.
- Enjoy a scenic hike across a lava field, like the surface of the moon
- Learn more about volcanoes and volcanic activity in Iceland
- Get an amazing view of Reykjavik, the Reykjanes peninsula and the Snæfellsnes peninsula
- Experience a very close encounter with a volcano
- Get your adrenaline pumping on a crater descent
- Taste delicious traditional Icelandic meat soup
- Pick-up at your hotel in Reykjavik
- All safety gear (helmets, harnesses, etc.)
- Traditional Icelandic meat soup, coffee/tea and some sweets (vegetarians alternatives available)
- Transfer back to your hotel in Reykjavik
- People with mobility impairments
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
What to bring
- Hiking shoes
Know before you go
- Please wear good hiking shoes and warm clothes. The weather in the mountains is unpredictable and can be very different from ground level. Sneakers and jeans are not suitable.