Enjoy a 3-hour trek in the Green Valley with a local guide. Admire the lush vegetation, then explore the history of the first city built by Europeans in sub-Saharan Africa. Discover the former slave market of Cidade Velha, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details. Learn more
- Duration 4 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Spanish, English, French, Portuguese
- Pickup included
- Please wait in the hotel lobby 10 minutes before your scheduled pickup time. The driver will be holding a sign with your last name on it. The driver will wait no longer than 5 minutes after the scheduled pickup time.
- Private or small groups available
Select participants and date
Know before you go
- Please be ready for pickup in your hotel lobby 10 minutes before the activity starts
- Please bring comfortable clothes, walking shoes, water, a hat, and sunscreen
- Extension: 4500 meters
- Descent: 300 meters
- The total walking duration is 2 hours and the total distance is approximately 5 km. The route is at a medium tilt and is narrow at the beginning. The elevation gain is approximately 3 meters and the elevation loss is approximately 186 meters. Max elevation is about 200 meters and minimum elevation is about 14 meters. The trail is one way and is an easy difficulty