Head out from Ponta Delgada on a whale-watching boat to spot some of the Atlantic Ocean's most magnificent mammals. You’ll be on the lookout for mink whales, dolphins, turtles and more. A marine biologist on board will provide commentary.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- English, Portuguese
- Join a whale-watching excursion off Ponta Delgada
- Be on the lookout for over 25 cetacean species that can be found in the Azores
- Listen to the commentary and historical information provided by the biologist on board
- Choose between a catamaran or a Zodiac boat
- Pre-tour briefing
- Raincoat and pants
- Life jacket
- Marine biologist or nature guide on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drink
- Children under 8 years
- Pregnant women
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- You are required to bring and wear a mask
- You will receive a mandatory temperature check
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
The details below may change if you update your current selection:
Ponta Delgada Harbor Portas do Mar – Shop 26 9500-771 São Miguel – Azores – Portugal.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- Trips can take place in a catamaran or an inflatable rubber boat.
- The catamaran option is recommended for families with children under 8 years old, seniors, pregnant women, and people limited mobility, back problems, or other health issues.
- Please note that trips are subject to cancellation due to weather conditions and if minimum numbers are not met.