Popular Culinary & Nightlife in Polignano a Mare
Our most recommended Polignano a Mare Culinary & Nightlife
1. Polignano a Mare: 1.5-Hour Boat Cave Tour
Your tour lasts about 1.5 hours with departure and arrival at the small port of San Vito (Abbazia di San Vito and Polignano a Mare). Included is a visit to the main caves, with a break to swim in one of the most evocative places on the Polignano's coast. You'll also be treated to a tasty Prosecco-based aperitif which will be offered by the crew. The itinerary is divided into stages and includes the visit of the main caves. These caves include Grotta Palazzese, Grotta Santa Caterina, Grotta Chiari di Luna, Grotta delle Rondinelle, Cala Paura/Grottone, Grotta Azzurra, Statua “Domenico Modugno”, and Grotta Piana, just to name a few. Each boat has a length of 6.5 meters with a capacity of 8 people for each boat. The boat has a parasol, and is equipped with ladders and floats for both adults and children.
This boat tour was a perfect way to be on the water, see Polignano a Mare and just have a tiny excursion.
2. Polignano a Mare: Guided Walking Tour
Polignano a Mare is a picturesque city, thanks to the presence of the blue sea in contrast with the white of the houses. Polignano is famous for two reasons: it was the birthplace of Domenico Modugno, the singer of the famous song Volare, and also for the Red Bull cliff diving, during which experienced divers leap from the famous terrace. A local tour guide will take you to visit the historic center during a pleasant walk. It will show you the history of the city as well as the daily life of its citizens and its traditions. During the walk you will have the opportunity to see the art of churches and buildings, to walk among the alleys adorned with flowers and to read the poems written on the faces of the buildings.
Our guide was excellent, she told us not only about Polignano, but also about all La Puglia region.
3. Bari: 7-Day UNESCO Puglia and Matera Guided Tour
Day 1, Saturday: Bari Street Food Tour After arriving independently in Bari, meet your local guide to dive into Bari’s street food scene. Discover Bari Vecchia, an ancient village while tasting typical specialties of Bari like focaccia and sgagliozze (fried polenta). Check-in at the Palace Hotel Bari or similar for an overnight stay. Day 2, Sunday: Castel del Monte to Trani Following breakfast, check-out of the hotel and depart for Castle del Monte. Explore the fascinating castle commissioned by Frederick II of Swabia. Then, enjoy some free time with lunch before departing for Trani, where you will check-in to a boutique hotel near the beautiful Palazzo Paciotti. Day 3, Monday: Matera to Alberobello After breakfast, check-out before meeting with your driver-guide and departing for Matera, a UNESCO site, and considered one o...
4. From Alberobello: Two-Day Puglia Region Tour
• Day one: Alberobello Meet your guide in Alberobello and begin the tour. Admire the landscape of conical roofs, the famous Trulli of Alberobello, and ancient rural stone houses from a unique vantage point. Proceed through the two historic districts, Rione Aia Piccola and Rione Monti. Browse some of the typical shops and visit the Trullo Church. Then, taste some extra virgin olive oil produced in the region. • Day two: Polignano a Mare - Monopoli Head to the Alberobello Terminal Restaurant once again, where you will meet your driver. Transfer to Polignano, a beautiful city overlooking the sea. Here, you will have the opportunity to walk in the historic center in the company of a local tour guide, marveling at the scenery from the many terraces overlooking the sea. Later, head to Monopoli, a charming, ancient village and, if weather permits, stop at one of the most beautiful beaches i...
5. Polignano a Mare Walking Tour with Special Coffee Tasting
The quaint old town with its medieval structures and the breath-taking sea views make this a location worthy of a visit if you are in Puglia. The statute of the great singer, Domenico Modugno, is the meeting point with the local guide and from here your adventure begins. You'll visit the historical center, the heart of a lovely restored ancient village on the Adriatic Coast, the entrance is via an old archway into a narrow paved street with charming shops and cafes. Downtown is all about culture and history with its amazing buildings and very special atmosphere, It is a labyrinth of treats, and little squares all standing huddled together over a series of caves fringed on the sea below. The dramatic setting on cliffs above provides a wonderful backdrop for the stone buildings and winding streets. The town's rocky beach sits at the bottom of a small canyon with sheltered swimming in th...
Other Sightseeing Options in Polignano a Mare
Want to discover all there is to do in Polignano a Mare? Click here for a full list.
What people are saying about Polignano a Mare
Very nice and dynamic cave tour! Definitely recommended in the evening, aperitif time to enjoy a perfect sunset and coolness. Super nice and nice staff and really helpful! Highly recommended
It was nice and entertaining. Fresh air and the blue sea were especially good. Don't forget your swimwear.
Was worth it! Price / performance top! Very nice staff. The AHA rules could be adhered to.
Bring swimming clothes so tgere us possibility to swim at the end of this trip)
Absolutely recommended lovely places hospitable and super helpful people