Find Middle Earth, Wonderland, and Narnia on this self-guided walk celebrating Oxford's literary giants. Enjoy the magic of GPS playback as you wander the same streets as Tolkien, CS Lewis and more.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 1.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Audio guide included
Select participants and date
The tour begins at the foot of Carfax Tower in the centre of Oxford. Carfax is the crossroads where the four main roads of Oxford City Centre intersect: Cornmarket, High Street, St Aldates and Queen Street. BY TRAIN: Carfax is a ten-minute walk from Oxford Train Station. When you come out of the station forecourt, turn right; head down Park End Street all the way until it becomes New Road; then past Bonn Square onto Queen Street; follow Queen Street to Carfax. BY BUS/COACH: Most buses/coaches start and terminate at Gloucester Green bus station. When leaving Gloucester Green, turn left onto George Street; walk to the end of George Street and turn right onto Cornmarket; walk to the end of Cornmarket - the Carfax Tower if on your right. BY CAR: Please note that parking can be problematic in Oxford. You may wish to use one of the several Park and Ride services which will take you into the heart of Oxford City Centre.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Charged Smartphone
Know before you go
- It is a self-guided audio tour that you can start, pause, or restart at any time and complete at your own pace
- The tour follows a set route and includes turn-by-turn directions. It works best if you start it in the right place and follow the directions from one location to the next
- Please note that you'll need to use your own mobile device and headphones for this tour. The tour is only available in English.