Explore Newport’s famous Cliff Walk in a combined scavenger hunt and tour. Walk alongside the ocean and admire Gilded Age mansions while learning about the lavish lives of the people who built them.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details. Learn more
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
Select participants and date
This self-guided experience begins at Easton's Beach in Newport, Rhode Island. Download the app and tour by following the steps in the email from the local partner. These steps require good data or wi-fi. After downloading, simply follow the audio instructions and the route.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Charged Smartphone
Know before you go
- This is an audio guide, no guide will accompany you. The app functions as a guide, an audio tour, and a map. This is not an entry ticket
- Please arrange for a vehicle before you take the tour. You only need to book one tour per vehicle, not per person
- After the booking, you will receive an email with a link to the app and a unique password to access the tour within the app
- This tour has been developed by local guides, curated by creative writers, and narrated by professional voice artists
- Most stops along the tour have animated videos allowing you to visualize what you cannot see, such as snapshots from different centuries or interior rooms
- This tour is valid forever, from the moment of booking. You will not need to change the booking if your travel plans change