Learn about New Orleans' fascinating voodoo culture on a city walking tour. Explore the French Quarter and visit St. Louis Cemetery No. 2 with a licensed guide.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 1 hour
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Wheelchair accessible
- Learn about the final resting place of of notable jazz and rhythm & blues musicians
- See the famous French Quarter
- Learn how voodoo and the city of New Orleans intertwine
Due to health and safety regulations, this itinerary may change. See Know before you go for the latest updates.
Take a guided walking tour to explore the historic French Quarter and St. Louis Cemetery No. 2. Learn about African American history, the local NOLA culture, and hear stories of voodoo practitioners first-hand from your licensed guide.
Meet your guide at Louis Armstrong Park and set off on your voodoo experience. Walk through the Tremé / Lafitte neighborhood — the home of jazz — as your guide explains all about New Orleans’ voodoo culture.
Learn about Marie Laveau, her final resting place in St. Louis Cemetry No. 1 — the oldest in the city — and her cultural importance to New Orleans as a dedicated voodoo leader, mid-wife, and herbalist.
Make your way to St. Louis Cemetery No. 2 to see where many famous 19th- and 20th-century locals are buried, such as Claude Treme and Earl King.
Admire the atmospheric above-ground tombs that create the “Cities of the Dead”, and see the graves of notable jazz musicians, politicians, and soldiers where they were laid to rest.
After exploring the cemetery, your guide will lead you back to the original meeting point, where your activity will end.
Due to Covid-19, tours are not currently able to enter the cemetery, however, you will walk by and hear about its history from your tour guide.
- Walking tour
- Expert licensed guide
- Entry to St. Louis Cemetery No. 2
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Customers must book this activity online because the ticket office is closed
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
• Meet your guide under the Armstrong Arch in Congo Square • Please arrive 15 minutes before your scheduled activity start timeOpen in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- Please note that due to Covid-19, tours are not currently able to enter the cemetery, however, you will walk by and hear about its history from your tour guide.