Experience the excitement of Nozawa Onsen’s annual fire festival, “Dosojin Matsuri”, and enjoy a visit to Jigokudani before the event to witness the rare sight of Japanese snow monkeys bathing in hot springs.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details. Learn more
- Duration 10 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Warm clothing
- Hiking shoes
- Alcohol and drugs
Know before you go
- For those joining the tour from JR Nagano Station, you'll arrive back at your pickup point just before midnight. It's therefore recommended that you stay overnight in Nagano
- The Hakuba Happo Bus Terminal is the single drop-off point in Hakuba
- Please note that this is a cultural tour and not a drinking tour. Alcohol consumption is not allowed on the bus and we ask that guests remain sober during the festival
- Please be aware that burning cinders may fall on you during the festival
- Please note there will be a lot of walking on both paved and unpaved roads
- Please note it will be cold in January in Nagano, there will likely be snowfall and temperatures below zero. As the cold is especially apparent at night, please wear warm clothes and shoes fit for winter