Enjoy an adventurous day on Mount Etna. Catch the cable car and a special 4x4 vehicle to a height of 1.7 miles to the base of the summit craters and then hike 1.2 miles on a lunar landscape.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 8 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- English, Italian
- Small group
- Limited to 8 participants
Select participants and date
Meet the guide in the center of Catania, at a meeting point close to your accommodation.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Sandals or flip flops
- Luggage or large bags
- Unaccompanied minors
Know before you go
- Please note that you will not reach the summit of Mount Etna at 3343 meters, you will reach the base of the summit craters at 2950 meters
- There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if the minimum number requirements are not met
- If the weather conditions or volcano status do not permit access to the summit area the tour will reach the maximum altitude of 2000 meters and you will receive a 50% refund
- When there is snow the cable car must use a snow cat vehicle, which increases the price by 30EUR per person
- All children must be accompanied by an adult
- You must advise us when booking if you require trekking shoes or a jacket
- You must advise us when booking if you require an infant seat
- Please advise us of any dietary requirements