Take a 60 to 70-minute cruise along Manchester's historic Ship Canal and River Irwell on board a boat from central Manchester. Venture through the industrial heartland of the north of England and see historic monuments such as Stephenson's railway bridge.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 1 hour
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Optional audio guide
- Get a unique view of Stephenson's 1830 railway bridge and the contrasting Ordsall Chord
- Cruise past Manchester United's home ground, known as the "Theatre of Dreams"
- See highlights, from the ultra-modern Media City to the railway arches over Hulme Lock
- Learn about Manchester's industrial past and exciting future from the on-board commentary
- 60-minute cruise
- On board commentary
- Food and drinks
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
The details below may change if you update your current selection:
Ralli Quay is on the other side of the river from the People's History Museum and opposite the Dockyard Bar. There are steps down to the quayside in front of the office building at the end of the silver foot bridge; access by road is easier via the Bridge Street side of Stanley Street. The nearest parking is at the NCP New Bailey.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- The cruise is not wheelchair accessible as there are some steps descending into the vessel