6. From Rovaniemi: SnowHotel Aurora Experience with Dinner
Get picked up in the evening from Santa's Hotel and drive for 30 minutes before arriving at the Arctic SnowHotel, which offers an excellent opportunity to view the northern lights. The venue is a complete winter wonderland set in the heart of Lapland's most beautiful natural scenes.
Before dinner, your guide will tell you about the construction, operation, and special features of the SnowHotel during a memorable guided tour through the hotel rooms and the Arctic specialities, such as the Snow Sauna. Your guide will also tell you about the northern lights.
During the evening, it is also possible to walk around the hotel area on your own and warm up at the Sky Bar, which has a second floor with a glass roof through which you can hopefully spot the auroras. Afterwards, settle in for a lovely fixed dinner in the stylish restaurant.
Later, order a shot from the Ice Bar served in a glass made from ice (at your own expense). While waiting for the northern lights to appear, spend part of the evening in a warm Lappish tepee, where you can sip coffee and tea, and roast some sausages on the open fire.
The dinner menu is as follows:
• Creamy carrot soup, smoked cheese cream, and crispy onion
Main course options (please choose one):
• Salmon glow-fried by the open fire, baked potato filled with creme fraiche, dill-tartar sauce, and anis-pickled cabbage-onion salad
• Traditional sautéed reindeer, Lappish potato mash, pickled cucumbers, and lingonberry jam
• Parsnip puree, sauteed broadbean and leek, cherry tomato salsa, tomato sauce, and anis-pickled cabbage-onion salad (vegan)
•Warm blueberry pie, caramelized blueberries, and white chocolate sauce