Enjoy the Costa Rican rainforest on this adventure. Join a whitewater rafting trip on the Sarapiquí or Toro River with Desafío Adventure Company. View the Arenal Volcano as you cover 12 continuous class 3-4 rapids on this gorgeous stretch of river.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details. Learn more
- Duration 8 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- English, Spanish
- Pickup included
- Pickup is available from local hotels in the Arenal Volcano area.
Select participants and date
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Change of clothes
- Comfortable clothes
- Insect repellent
- Water shoes
Know before you go
- Tours run rain or shine. For reasons beyond our control we may change to a more suitable tour with equal or similar difficulty rating and adventure-appeal. We reserve the right to cancel due to unsafe conditions and will only run according to established company policies. Full refund is given if no tour is run.
- Rafting, canyoneering, etc. involve some inherent risk and physical exertion, so you must be in good physical condition with no recent surgery, heart condition, pregnancy or injury. If you take medication and need it with you or have other medical concerns, please inform your guide.
- The natural environment of Costa Rica is unpredictable -- filled with insects, snakes, crocodiles and a variety of other wildlife. In addition, landslides, falling rocks and sudden flash floods are possible and river levels vary often. We may not be held responsible for any of the above.