Enjoy an exciting rafting adventure on this half-day tour in Costa Rica and discover Río Balsa, a beautiful river surrounded by rainforest near the Arenal Volcano. The class 2-3 rapids are ideal for families and first-timers who want adventure.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Duration 4 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Live tour guide
- English, Spanish
- Pickup included
- We pick up at local hotels in the Arenal Volcano area
Select participants and date
Know before you go
- Tours run rain or shine. For reasons beyond our control (climate, etc.) we may do a more suitable tour with equal or similar difficulty rating and adventure appeal. We also reserve the right to cancel any trip due to unsafe conditions and will only run a tour according to established company policies. Full refund is given if no tour is run.
- Rafting, canyoneering, and other adventures involve some inherent risk and physical exertion, so you must be in good physical condition without any recent surgery, heart condition, pregnancy, or injury. If you take medication such as allergy pills and need them with you or have other medical concerns, please inform your guide.
- The environment is unpredictable and filled with insects, snakes, crocodiles, and other wildlife. In addition, landslides, falling rocks, and sudden flash floods are possible and river levels often vary. We may not be held responsible for any of the above