Journey to the outskirts of ancient Kyoto to admire the stunning natural beauty of the Hozu river, surrounded by lush mountains and whispering bamboo groves. Visit dazzling ancient temples and embrace the spiritual and cultural side of Japan.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 3.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
JR Saga-Arashiyama Station, in front of the ticket gates.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
Know before you go
- In case of unexpected closure of the temple, the tour will either be rescheduled or canceled. If the cancellation is caused by an unexpected reason, you will receive a full refund.
- Only children between the ages of 6 and 11 are allowed on this tour.
- We can accommodate vegetarian and other dietary restrictions. Please notify us in advance if you have any dietary requests.
- The tour group can include a maximum of 12 people.
- Effective September 1, 2021, travelers aged 18+ must produce proof of COVID-19 vaccination on Intrepid Urban Adventures tours. Children aged 6-17 must present a negative COVID-19 test, proof of recovery, or proof of vaccination. View full policy at urbanadventures.com/vaccine.