Step back in time and explore the salt industry of Poland on a guided tour of the amazing Wieliczka Salt Mine. See magnificent rock formations and masterpieces of contemporary art carved from salt.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Duration 4 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the line through a separate entrance
- Live tour guide
- German, Spanish, French, Italian, English, Polish
- Pickup included
- At your accommodation in Krakow. The Old Town is a restricted traffic zone so if your accommodation is in this area, the local partner will contact you to confirm the nearest possible pick up location.
Select participants and date
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Student card
- Smoking in the vehicle
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- The maximum size of bags allowed in the salt mine is 35 x 20 x 20 centimeters
- Permission to take photos is available for PLN 10
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible. People with disabilities may find the area difficult, but can be accommodated on request
- The temperature in the mine is about 14 to 16 degrees Celsius
- There is no lunch break during the tour
- There are approximately 800 steps along the route