Visit one of the most impressive monuments of Greece which also belongs to UNESCO's Heritage list, the amazing Meteora. Take the train from Katerini and enjoy a guided tour in a minibus at the Monasteries of Meteora. Return by train to Katerini.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 11 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Small group
- Limited to 15 participants
Select participants and date
Arrive at Train Station Katerini by yourself, Geor. Malea 39, Katerini 601 00, Greece. When the train arrives in Kalabaka your guide will be waiting for you holding a signboard with your name written on it.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
- Sleeveless shirts
Know before you go
- Due to the monasteries' strict dress code, men must wear trousers and t-shirt or shirt with sleeves and women must wear a long skirt
- Please wear comfortable shoes for walking on uneven surfaces; for some monasteries walking up stairs is needed
- Please bring cash for the entry fees for each monastery (€3 per person) and the Byzantine church (€2 per person)
- The tour is conducted in a small group of maximum of 13 persons; babies up to 3 years old join for free if they can share the seat with their parent
- This tour is semi-independent, so your tour leader will provide you with all necessary information about monasteries during the drive, but will not accompany you to the sites
- As this tour lasts for 13 hours please be prepared and take some snacks with you
- Credit cards are not accepted for paying the monastery entrance fees
- Animals are not allowed to enter the monasteries
- The tour does not cover travel insurance
- Gratuities are optional
- Wi-Fi is available on board