Hike through ancient paths among the giant rocks, discover historical places and enjoy a hike suitable for the whole family. Discover sights which are hidden away from the public eye, and admire the church of Ypapanti.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 4.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- English, Greek
- Pickup included
- From your accommodation in Kalambaka or Kastraki.
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Comfortable clothes
Know before you go
- Due to the monasteries' strict dress code, men must wear trousers and a t-shirt or shirt with sleeves and women must wear a long skirt
- Wear comfortable shoes and clothes
- Raincoat and a hat recommended
- A second change of clothes recommended in case that you get sweaty
- Bring a backpack with bottled water
- A hat or a skullcap.
- Distance about 8 km
- Difficulty level easy
- Please be ready and wait at the reception area at least 10 minutes before the meeting time
- Credit cards are not accepted for paying the monasteries entrance fees
- Animals are not allowed to enter the monasteries.