4. From Porto: Aveiro and Coimbra Private Tour
Departing from the city of Porto, in a short, comfortable and private trip of 30 minutes, discover the beauty of the city of Aveiro and its famous Ria de Aveiro. Enjoy the peace and tranquility that this place provides. At your own pace and away from the crowds, interact with the community and learn about their stories in a mix between nature and gastronomy, in a unique and unforgettable experience.
Have a memorable lunch at a local restaurant and choose the places to enjoy:
• discover why it is known as the Venice of Portugal
• explore its numerous canals and bridges.
• visit the fish market, past Art Nouveau buildings, and colorful moliceiro boats.
• Add a cruise on the Ria Aveiro, to further explore the city from the Ria.
• discover Costa Nova, where you will have the opportunity to see and photograph the colorful fishermen's houses, typically painted with vertical stripes.
The journey continues to the historic city of Coimbra. The city of students and the oldest university in the country, (12th century), and one of the oldest in the world. Take the time to:
• visit the Joanina Library with its collection of over 300,000 books and some of the rarest manuscripts in the entire country.
• visit the Old Romanesque style Cathedral (Sé Velha).
• crossing the river to visit the Santa Clara Convent and the Quinta das Lágrimas (Estate of Tears), where the love between Pedro and Inês blossomed.
• having a lunch at one of the taverns downtown, where you can find the most delicious snacks.
Return comfortably to your hotel in Porto after a day filled with culture and beauty that will surely stay in your best memories.