Travel one-way to the summit of Kunanyi/Mt Wellington, 1270 meters above sea level and experience spectacular views over Hobart and beyond. Do the 50-minute one-way trip to the summit then walk or mountain bike back down the mountain.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 50 minutes
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Wheelchair accessible
Select participants and date
Outside the Hydro Tasmania building, 4 Elizabeth Street, Hobart.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Warm clothing
Know before you go
- The temperature on Kunanyi/Mt Wellington is about 10°C cooler than the temperature in Hobart city. There’s a chance you’ll experience four seasons in one day with sunshine, wind and rain – even snow is a possibility! Check the weather before you go
- There’s limited access to food and water on Kunanyi/Mt Wellington. Bring your own or visit Lost Freight Cafe located at The Springs or Fern Tree Tavern near Fern Tree Park
- Kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer buses are able to carry 4 mountain bikes on each departure. To reserve a space for your bike, please make sure to book bike freight ($10 per bike) no less than 30-minutes prior to departure. Allow plenty of time to make your way to Bus Stop 1 – Brooke Street Pier to load your bike prior to departure