Trek through the Muong Hoa Valley in the Hoang Lien Son Mountains to the hill tribe villages of the Hmong, Zay, and Red Zao peoples. Experience traditional hospitality during a 1-night homestay in Ta Van village.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 2 days
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Pickup optional
- Be picked up from your hotel in the Old Quarter of Hanoi at 8 PM.
- Trek to the mountain villages in the Muong Hoa Valley
- Learn about Vietnam’s ethnic minority groups
- Visit a local handicraft center where women gather to exchange skills
- Spend 1 night at a homestay with the Zay Hill Tribe
- Return overnight train based on 1st class 4 bed shared cabin with air-con
- 1 night's accommodation at homestay in Ta Van Village.
- All meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- Transfer from Lao Cai station to Sapa and back in shared minibus with air-con
- Sightseeing fee, tax, and services charge
- Local English-speaking tour guide
- Meals not indicated in the itinerary
- Personal expenses
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
The tour partners office is located at No.47C Ly Quoc Su street, opposite the Cathedral Church.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Warm clothing
Know before you go
- The 9-km trek is not recommended for older guests or children
- Homestay facilities are not the same as in hotels in Sapa - you will be accommodated in a large, shared room with a single bed for each person
- Bring warm clothes, including a scarf, hat or cap as the weather in Sapa is unpredictable; it is normally cold from September to March
- Due to the altitude of Sapa, it is sometimes foggy in December, January, February, and March
- Please bring trekking shoes, sunglasses, sun cream, and insect repellent
- Please bring cash in in Vietnam Dong as the banking system in Sapa sometimes doesn’t function well; US Dollars, Euros, and Australian Dollars are accepted in Sapa
- Please bring medicine with you in case of illness
- If your hotel is not in the Old Quarter, please select the meeting point option.