- Day trips
- Water activities
- Private tours
How GetYourGuide ranks activities
Activities on the GetYourGuide marketplace are ranked by a combination of factors including popularity, diversity, availability, customer rating, cancellation rate, performance over time, and amount of revenue generated.
Frequently asked questions about Hanoi
What top attractions are a must-see in Hanoi?
The must-see attractions in Hanoi are:
What are the best tours in Hanoi?
The best tours in Hanoi are:
What are the best day trips and excursions from Hanoi?
The best day trips and excursions from Hanoi are:
Ha Long Bay
What are the best tours to do in Hanoi with kids?
The best tours to do in Hanoi with kids are:
What are the best outdoor activities to do in Hanoi?
The best outdoor activities to do in Hanoi are:
What are the best indoor activities in Hanoi for rainy days?
The best indoor activities in Hanoi for rainy days are:
What are the best inexpensive tours in Hanoi?
These are the best activities when you are visiting Hanoi on a budget:
What are the best deals and discounts on activities and attractions in Hanoi?
These are the best deals and discounts on activities and attractions in Hanoi:
What are the most popular museums and exhibitions in Hanoi?
These are the most popular museums and exhibitions in Hanoi:
5 best day trips from Hanoi
1. Day trip to Ha Long Bay
How far is Ha Long Bay from Hanoi?
2. Day trip to Duong Lam Ancient Village
How far is Duong Lam Ancient Village from Hanoi?
3. Day trip to Ninh Binh Province
How far is Ninh Binh Province from Hanoi?
4. Day trip to Bat Trang Village
How far is Bat Trang Village from Hanoi?
5. Day trip to Ba Vi National Park
How far is Ba Vi National Park from Hanoi?
Hanoi day trip FAQ
What transportation options are best for my day trip?
• Hanoi day trips by trainTrains in Vietnam are old but fairly dependable and travel in most directions from Hanoi. Many destinations outside of main centers may require a transfer to a bus or taxi at some point in the journey.
• Hanoi day trips by busThe bus is the most comprehensive and affordable public transportation option for day trips around Hanoi. Buses run all over, however depending on the time and specific location could be limited. Traveling by bus may require one or more transfers before you reach your final destination.
• Hanoi day trips by carTraffic and driving in Hanoi and Vietnam are generally chaotic. If you are a confident driver, a car is a fine option to reach more rural places or to simply take control of your own schedule. Many travelers opt to rent a motorcycle or motorbike to get around, which is a very popular and efficient — though sometimes daring — option.
Should I take a guided tour for my day trip?
What should I pack for my day trip?
Other Sightseeing Options in Hanoi
Want to discover all there is to do in Hanoi? Click here for a full list.
What people are saying about Hanoi
The day out was great. Our guide was funny, kind and informative. He answered our questions and shared interesting stories. The bike ride was nice and the boat ride was peaceful- cool in January so if you feel the cold take an extra layer. The lunch was filling but simple- probably a good idea to take some snacks with you during the day. The hike was a good end to the long drive day- challenging enough without being hard and great views.
Great tour. The guide was well informed and friendly, the tour wasn’t as long as indicated which was perfect for us. It’s an easy day trip and you can still see and do everything you want. Lunch was excellent.
It is a very fulfilling tour. However, please be careful as the rower woman of the boat tour attacks the tip and the man who sells the photos taken without permission is persistent.
Absolutely amazing experience and the guide and driver were so sweet, patient and helpful. I've visited 30 countries and have been on countless tours, this tour was special.
Great trip with beautiful views. Great Hop Guide (if I spelled it right) in English Gary. Very friendly, nice guy with great knowledge about Vietnam!