As the day draws to an end, paddle up the Pokaiwhenua Stream and through the canyon carved out by water over many hundreds of years. Once darkness falls drift silently back through the canyon with glowworms sparkling like Christmas lights all around you.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 3.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Experience a magical evening kayak glowworm tour on Lake Karapiro
- Enjoy serenity as you float through a canyon surrounded by sparkling glowworms
- Connect with the mighty Waikato River and it's pristine natural surroundings, along with an abundance of birdlife
- Bask in the glowworm tour. See it to believe it
- Kayak,and paddle
- PFD lifejacket
- Splash pants and jackets, wet shoes, thermal clothing if required and dry bag
- Kayak backrest
- Children under 8 years
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Meet at Lake District Adventures Base and return to the same place.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Warm clothing
Know before you go
- Customers should bring warm clothing and a jacket and a spare change of clothing is also a good idea.
- Do not wear denim jeans or thick cotton pants as they get very cold if wet.
- The minimum age for children is eight years, and each child under 15 years must be accompanied by an adult.