Learn about the economy of Madeira over centuries and why the island was the base of Portugal's expansion in the sugar industry and trade routes of the Atlantic and Indian oceans. Explore the wine-making traditions and more.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 2 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Small group
- Limited to 6 participants
Select participants and date
Jesuit's College of Funchal, Madeira University, next to D'Oliveiras Madeira Wine.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- Your guide will be a former university student or European volunteer of the Erasmus Madeiran Heritage program at the University of Madeira
- Please wear comfortable shoes
- Tours start at 11:00 AM, 2:00 PM and 4:00 PM, Monday to Friday, and are available in Portuguese, English, French, German and Spanish