Swiss Traditions: Full-Day Appenzellerland Tour from Zurich
- Drive along the shores of beautiful Lake Zürich
- Buy some delicious Swiss chocolates at the Lindt Chocolate Shop
- Visit a traditional bakery in Appenzell
- Learn how world-famous Appenzell cheese is made
- Enjoy a visit to the Museum of Appenzell to learn more about Swiss traditions
Your excursion continues on to Rapperswil, known for its medieval castle, and then to the green and hilly Appenzell region.
In Stein you’ll visit the cheese factory where world-renowned Appenzeller cheese is made! Learn more about cheese making and the ancient traditions of this typical region. The tour continues on to the picturesque village of Appenzell. During your leisure time here you might choose an optional visit to a local restaurant, or take a stroll along the pedestrian zone with its beautiful façades and numerous shops.
You will visit the Museum of Appenzell, where you can learn more about the traditions and way of life in this part of Switzerland. Before heading back to Zürich you’ll meet up with your guide who’ll show you the Landsgemeindeplatz (the square of the cantonal assembly) and tell you about the political traditions that are still alive here. You will also make a short stop at a traditional bakery to learn more about the famous Appenzeller Biberli – a traditional, delicious gingerbread with honey and nuts.
- Partly-guided tour by professional multilingual driver-guide
- Transportation in a comfortable minibus
- Lindt chocolate shop visit
- Appenzeller show dairy with cheese tasting
- Entrance fee to the Museum of Appenzell
- Food and drinks
- Personal expenses
- Additional activities