From Zürich: Stein am Rhein and Rhine Falls
- Feel the roar of Europe's biggest waterfall at Schloss Laufen
- Learn the medieval history of Stein am Rhein
- Drive through a spectacular landscape of farming villages and picturesque vineyards
See the splendid medieval castle of Schloss Laufen and the mighty Rhine Falls and experience Europe's biggest waterfall. Get unique views from the panoramic lift and discover what it looks like when an average of 700,000 liters of water per second plunges into the basin below. Next, take the Belvedere Trail to a viewing platform right above the falls. Feel the rumbling waters beneath you. If you are feeling adventurous, take the optional boat ride and experience the falls from below.
Continue via Schaffhausen with its famous Munot Fortress, and soak up the views of the gently rolling vineyards and farming villages en route to Stein am Rhein. Upon arrival, learn about the well-preserved old town during a stroll, and see distinctive medieval buildings such as the church and former monastery of St. George's Abbey. Look at the half-timber frame townhouses, along with the city gates and towers, the Town Hall and the Armory. Admire the delicate wooden window frames of many of the buildings and marvel at their exceptional frescoes.
After some time at leisure, drive back to Zürich in the evening.
- Transportation by comfortable 48-seater coach
- Multilingual (English/German) guide throughout
- Entrance fees to Schloss Laufen, the Rhine Falls and its panoramic glass lift, the Belvedere Trail, Historama Castle Museum and the viewing platform at Känzeli
- Guided walk through the medieval old town of Stein am Rhein
- Food and drinks
- Personal expenses
Prepare for the activity
Pick-up from the Sihlquai coach park near Zurich's main train station, Zürich Hauptbahnhof at 13:15. Take tram 4 or 13 to the "Sihlquai" stop. Please check in at least 15 minutes prior to the scheduled departure time and bring ID. Pick-up is also possible from Zürich Airport at 13:30 on registration. From the arrivals hall in terminal 1 or 2 please follow the signs for “Regional Bus / Tramway.” Once outside the building, look to your left and you will see the coach parking. Wait at the “Reisebus Terminal” sign, where your guide will meet you holding a clipboard saying “Best of Switzerland Tours.” Please take note that your coach is on the road prior to your pick-up and may be a little late, depending on traffic conditions.Open in Google Maps ⟶
You might also like...
Product ID: 58180