Queen of the Mountains: Day Trip to Rigi and Lucerne
- Enjoy the exceptional view from a cable-car ascending into the Swiss Alps
- Take a historic journey on the oldest funicular railway in the world
- Scale the Rigi - "the Queen of the Mountains"
- Travel by boat across the Vierwaldstättersee
- Visit the old town of Lucerne
Traveling through the Albipass, your tour will reach the Vierwaldstättersee, the fourth-largest lake in Switzerland, lying on the border between four cantons. Enjoy fantastic views of the lake from its eastern shore, in the small resort-town of Weggis, nestled right at the foot of the Rigi. The view can only get better as you ascend in the cable-car up the Rigi, known as "the Queen of the Mountains," to the perfectly situated baths and spa on its slopes.
The sight of the 13 lakes that surround the mountain, and of the scenery of central Switzerland mountains, is sure to enchant you. You'll have plenty of time to take souvenir photographs to treasure forever as you make your leisurely ascent into the mountains. In the summer you can explore the Rigi on foot; in winter there is a chance to uncover its secrets by sleigh.
Enjoy a unique journey on the oldest funicular in the world, built in 1871, to Vitznau. Travel onwards in picturesque style, by boat over the waters, back to Lucerne. There you can view the Rigi from a whole new angle, while resting in the charming old town, after a day full of excitement, before taking the bus back to Zürich.
- All travel by public transport
- Transfers by comfortable, air-conditioned bus
- Informative and multilingual guide (English, German, and Spanish) for part of the tour from Zürich - Weggis und Luzern - Zürich. The tour is not guided from Weggis to Lucerne.
- Food and drink
- Hire sleighs
Prepare for the activity
The meeting point is at the Sihlquai bus station, near the Zürich Main Station. Take tram 4 or 13 to stop "Sihlquai". The Sihlquai bus station is across from the Starbucks Coffee. Please bring your passport with you and be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the scheduled departure.Open in Google Maps ⟶
• This tour is only partly guided — there is no guide between Weggis and Lucerne
• Weggis cable car will be closed for maintenance during November 4-15, 2019
• Tour is guaranteed in English and German, with Spanish available on request