Mountains, Cheese, and Chocolate in Appenzell
- Experience a memorable day trip and learn about Swiss customs and traditions
- Visit the Lindt Chocolate Shop and purchase delicious chocolate at discounted prices
- Learn more about cheese production at a show dairy
- Enjoy the spectacular views of the hilly Appenzell region
- Stroll through the picturesque streets of Appenzell
- Travel in a small group with a maximum of 16 people
- Take the cable car up to Mount Hoher Kasten for panoramic views
Travel in a comfortable minibus along the picturesque Lake Zurich towards the Lindt Chocolate Shop. Be enchanted by the fantastic selection of the finest Swiss chocolate and purchase delicacies at a discounted price.
Heading across Rapperswil, known for its medieval castle, you will reach the beautiful hills of the Appenzell region. Visit a show dairy in Stein and observe the production of the famous Appenzeller cheese. Learn interesting facts about the production of cheese and the traditions of this canton.
Visit Brülisau and take the cable car to the Hoher Kasten mountain, where you can admire the panoramic views from a height of 1,800 meters. Visit the impressive revolving restaurant, and enjoy the fantastic panoramic views of the hilly, green Appenzell region, the Rhine Valley, and Vorarlberg.
Back in Appenzell, your tour guide will take you on a short walking tour, showing you the town's beautiful streets, squares, and decoratively painted wooden houses. Discover a traditional bakery and learn more about Appenzeller Biberli (Swiss gingerbread). You then have some time to explore the town on your own and purchase traditional souvenirs.
- Entrance fees to the sights
- Lunch in the revolving restaurant
Prepare for the activity
Sihlquai Bus Terminal, opposite Zurich Central Station. Follow Platform 18 until a bend to the right. You can see the bus terminal 50 meters ahead. Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes prior to the start of the tour.Open in Google Maps ⟶